October 29, 2009

4 Week Update

I am officially 4 weeks out from surgery {as of yesterday} which means I am now "safe". In theory, my tendon should be strong enough now and will not snap again. At 6 weeks they consider you "healed" from surgery. However, that does not mean that you are back to where you were before the injury. There is still a long way to go to get my ankle moving and my calf muscle built back up. Physical therapy has been going very well so far and my therapist, Michelle, is very happy with my progress. She even emailed the doctor to see if she could speed things up! Still waiting to hear from the doctor but hoping that he will say yes. At the PT office this morning, I tried walking without the splint and it felt weird! A little bit like Jell-O. My leg is so weak from just a few weeks of not doing much with it. So, anyways, I am making progress but it is going to be a slow road to get back to where I was. That is my update for now!

Hope you all have a good weekend filled with yummy treats! :)

No comments: